Friday, June 25, 2010

Well....2 more weeks have passed and we now have 7 weeks and 3 days until Kate's scheduled arrival. If she's anything like her parents, she'll be here a little early. If she takes after her maternal grandparents, she'll be fashionably late! I think she'll be early.....but I also thought she was a boy.....so, who knows? Her movements have increased, but they've changed. As she grows, her living quarters have become smaller....so, instead of kicks, it now feels like she's pushing me...and that's what it looks like, too! We saw the doctor this morning and there's not much new to report. She's still in the correct position, she continues to measure correctly, and my blood count came back normal (I'm not anemic). So we'll go back on July 7th and hope that everything stays on track!

My main activity for the last 2 weeks has been finishing the nursery. I've added a bookcase, wall frames, and a lamp, and I've sent the rocking chair pad to be recovered. My talented Aunt Marcy is painting name letters for the wall over the crib and my mom graciously took time out of her house building activities to iron the bedding for the bassinet and make sure it was perfect (I think she said it took her 3 hours...if you know my mother, this should not be a surprise!)! Other than that, the only thing I have left to do is order the area rug....and the nursery will be done!

Last Saturday, my fabulous sisters-in-law took me to College Station to be pampered and it was a great day! They took me to lunch, gave me a ton of fun gifts for Kate, and took me for a mani/pedi. Thanks, Aunt GG and Aunt Cookie....it was just what I needed!

Chris continues to be very supportive, which can't be easy because my body pillow and I are constantly moving throughout the night....and this doesn't include the times I have to get up to use the ladies' room! I can't wait for him to experience fatherhood....I know he's going to be a great dad.....and Katelyn's already got him wrapped around her finger!

I hope everyone's managing to stay cool....in case I don't update in the next week and a half.....
Be safe and Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. so i heard you had a blog, so i searched and found it! love it! you will now be added to my daily reading list!

    ReplyDelete