Thursday, September 30, 2010

Grandaddy and Kate

Farmer Kate

We love play dates!

One of the pictures from our photo shoot!

All dressed up for Aunt GG's bridal shower

Cooper and Daphne watching over Kate while she sleeps

Well, the fun's almost over! Kate will be 8 weeks old on Tuesday (it goes by so fast). So, my maternity leave ends next Thursday and Kate and I will both be starting school. I'm nervous about going back since I didn't start the year with this group of students...it should be interesting, to say the least! Kate will be going to a church school close to me and I will be able to visit her on my conference period and at lunch if I need to. The worst part of this, though, is that she has to get her shots, which we're really not looking forward to. But, now that her personality's starting to come out, I really don't want to go back to work. However, I don't think I could be a stay-at-home mom. I need the extra adult conversation that I get at work!

Kate is becoming more vocal and she's starting to make different noises and laugh. Our favorite thing to do is put her on her butterfly pillow or her changing table and listen to her "talk." She is also sleeping at least 6 hours at a time during the night and we've even had 2 nights where she slept 9 hours! Now our biggest challenge is finding a suitable diaper, if you know what I mean! And now, instead of crying to wake us up, she talks (it's actually more like yelling) to get us up.

We've been pretty busy for the last month with the fair and football. Now we're getting ready for Aunt GG's wedding...only 16 days to go. All 3 of us are in the wedding....I can't wait to see Kate in her honorary flower girl dress! We also had a fun play date with Jordyn Marchetti and Austin Bullock. Actually, they played while Kate laid on the floor and looked around! There's only so much you can do if you can't hold your head up. But we still had a great day! Also, we had a photo shoot with my cousin Jacy, who took some excellent pictures of Kate!

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Julie -
    She is so beautiful! I am so sorry I haven't been by, I have been busy - I know that is not an excuse. I have been thinking of y'all a lot. I need to call and find out when y'all are free and plan a visit. Talk to you soon
    -kathy

    ReplyDelete