Monday, August 30, 2010

No one ever said it was going to be easy.....

I hate baths!

I'm finally getting some meat on my bones!

My clothes are still way too big but Mommy doesn't care!

Kate's closet....one word....ridiculous!

Daddy's girl

Kate and Aunt GG

I love my butterfly pillow!

I can't believe that Kate will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and that 2 weeks have already passed since I last updated the blog. The days go by so fast now and it seems like there's not enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done. And, due to lack of uninterrupted sleep, Chris and I don't know what day it is half the time! During the night, Kate wakes up about every 3 hours to eat. So, even though we're getting sleep, it's in short intervals and it's not the same as sleeping for 6-8 hours straight! But, every new parent goes through this and the amount of time she sleeps is slowly getting longer.

We're having a lot of fun with her, despite the very stinky diapers and spit-up! And she seems to think it's funny to tinkle before she has a diaper on! So, needless to say, the amount of laundry we're doing has increased and we have several wardrobe changes each day (we've already had to wash the car seat cover, too!). She's already very spoiled (thanks to Mommy, Luly, and her aunts) and she already knows what noises to make when she wants to be held....Mommy's a sucker for the whining and fake cries. One thing that produces real tears is bath time (see above pictures)! Wet babies are similar to wet noodles....so this is another new experience that we're muddling our way through. It'll all get easier with time!

Mommy and Kate have already been on several outings (because Mommy needs to get out of the house most days). We've been to my school, mom's school, the library, Dixon Animal Clinic, and Wal-Mart (yuck!). My rationalization for these outings is that Kate has so many cute clothes (again...see above pictures) that it's a shame if I'm the only one that sees them!

I'm going to try not to let this much time pass before I update!
Happy beginning of school and beginning of football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment